Thursday, January 9, 2014

Sick Foods!

I'm not sure if any of the stuff I was told as a kid is actually accurate when it comes to preventing sickness but, I still try to stick with it. And one of the things my mother taught me is that garlic will keep you from getting sick. Probably wrong, don't care, I'm eating garlic!

So, tonight, I decided to just throw some stuff together and go with it and I made noodles with a homemade pasta sauce, with lots of garlic. Really, you can add whatever you want to this, there's really so many different flavors you could involve.

Homemade "Sick Day" Pasta Sauce

1/4 cup EVOO
Chopped red onion
2 garlic cloves, crushed
Italian seasoning
Crushed red peppers
Can of diced tomatoes


  1. In a saucepan heat olive oil and add red onion and cook till tender. Once onion is tender add crushed garlic (this is because garlic will cook and burn faster and you want to avoid scorching it). Heat till aromatic.  
  2. Add crushed red peppers and Italian seasoning.
  3. Add can of tomatoes with liquid into the olive oil. Heat until sauce starts bubbling. 
  4. Serve over cooked angel hair pasta with garlic salt.
This sauce could be blended with an immersion blender if you prefer a different texture for your sauce or you could use the blended sauce for pizza.

I'm still sickish so I'm going to collapse on the couch now... Enjoy!

xoxo
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment