Friday, January 24, 2014

Absent

The mansion was an amazing time and I had this whole plan about doing a post about easy to eat items when you're away from home and... I may or may not have forgotten to eat when I was at the mansion. I mean, I DID eat, but not as often as I should have. So, pro tip, when you're on vacation EAT. Also, chobani flips are a great easy breakfast and avocados, and those ramen noodles in a cup are super easy to prepare and very cheap. But, again, my eating habits while in Vegas aren't my proudest.

Here are some awesome things I DID eat while was there though!

SUSHI SAMBA

This place was to die for. I got the Chu-Cumber to drink. It was amazing; it was refreshing, sweet enough to cut the heat from those "too much wasabi" moments, and the little pieces of cucumber made it PERFECT. And, I got my hands on the recipe! I'm not 100% sure about the accuracy because I remember that it had gin in it, but I'm sure this is pretty close in taste.

Cu-CumberEnjoy our refreshing cocktail at home!
Ingredients:.2 oz shochu
.5 oz St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur
1 oz sour mix
2 slices cucumber
2 bar spoons full sugar
Method: In a glass shaker, gently muddle cucumbers with sugar. Add shochu, St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur and sour mix. Shake with ice and strain. Serve in a martini glass and garnish with cucumber slice. Cheers!

Then I got the Green Bean Tempura and Tuna Sashimi Tiradito (tuna topped with granny smith apple, serrano chili pepper, and a lime sauce). The Green Bean Tempura was really good, except I forgot how heavy/greasy tempura can be so I barely ate any. The black truffle aioli to dip them in was really good though. Then I got the Kimono Maki (I got the 5 piece so it came with tuna, salmon, eel, shrimp and one white fish I can't remember, all as hand rolls) and Scott got Dry Aged NY Strip Churrasco. I really suggest that if you're not a sushi fan but you're with someone who really wants to go. It was amazing; it came with 3 sauces, collared greens (delicious), black beans, steamed rice, farofa and fingerling potatoes. All delicious. I'm so sad we went on the last day because we had no opportunity to eat our leftovers. What was great is that, while it's more expensive than dinner at Applebees you can still make it out without spending a fortune. With tip it came to around $130.


I also went to Bacchanal Buffet. In all honesty, it wasn't worth what we spent, but the food was decent. The desserts were especially amazing and there were oysters. Had I had more time (and more room) I'd say it was worth the money in quantity but what I tried wasn't worth it in quality. Still, I'd probably go again, but during lunch instead of dinner.

Another place to go in Vegas is American Coney Island. It's located on the main floor of The D on Fremont and is open 24/7. They have chili dogs that come heaped with onions. You have to add cheese but they don't really need it if you wanna save the 75 cents. The hot dogs have that pop when you bite into them, almost like a bratwust. And, they have gyros! The gyros are amazing as well. They have the meat on a spit in the back and they give you nice, thick slices. Honestly, I'm tempted to stay on Fremont again just for the convenience of having American Coney Island in my hotel!

I'll leave you guys with all this awesome food imagery, I'm going to try to figure out what to do with my green hair.

xoxo
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment