Monday, December 16, 2013

Meal List Monday


Now that I'm done with school my goal is to eat better and more responsibly (financially). So to help me stay on top of it and not slack I'm doing a weekly menu plan every Wednesday because that's when the new ads come out (I didn't do that this week because I'm just starting this today and we'll be out of town next week) AND keeping this blog. This weeks plan is...

Day Meal
Monday Buffalo Chicken Mac (side: broccoli)
Tuesday Stuffed Bell Peppers
Wednesday Pork Tenderloin
Thursday Cranberry Chicken
Friday Pizza (side: salad)


I built this plan by reviewing what I have at home and checking the sale items.

Tonight I went to the grocery store and got everything I needed for tonight's dinner (buffalo sauce, milk and green onions) + quite a few other groceries I'm needing for the rest of the week and I got out of there for $23 (milk was on sale for FREE with 4 boxes of cereal!!!!). Heck yes! I love shopping sales.

I kind of just made stuff up as I went along today, just topped mac and cheese with shredded chicken breast mixed with buffalo sauce (it was based off a friends suggestion but he also had no real recipe). It wasn't QUITE a failed experiment but... I think with some tweaking it could definitely work.

With...

  • Chicken breasts (2): $2 
  • Macaroni and cheese: $1 
  • Butter (1/4 stick): $0.25
  • Milk: Free 
  • Green onions (1 green onion): $0.10 

Making a total of 4 servings
Tonight's total was: $0.84/serving

Like I said, there was no real recipe for tonight but I promised at least one person that I'd post Thursday's recipe so I'll post that at the bottom of everything. Now to catch up on all the Christmas Trees I need to make...

xoxo
Steph

Cranberry Chicken 
$1.56/serving
About 4 servings 

Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts ($2)
1 bottle creamy french dressing ($2 expensive because I wanted to use Kraft...)
1 packet onion soup mix ($0.75)
1 can cranberry jelly - the type that comes out of the can in a log ($1.50)

What to Do:
  1. In a large bowl combine everything except the chicken, mix well.
  2. Cut chicken into bite size pieces.
  3. Dump everything into a slowcooker/crockpot.
  4. Cock on high for 2 hours.
  5. Serve over a bed of rice (1 cup=$0.40). Remember to ladle on extra sauce, it's the best part!

No comments:

Post a Comment